My approach to psychotherapy is holistic and collaborative, supporting health, mind, and soul in whatever way best serves you in each of our moments together. My technique is informed by my clinical education and training, modern shamanic training and experiential work, an anti-oppressive informed framework that is ever expanding, and a deep respect for intuitive experience, both mine and yours.
I tell each client in our first weekly session together that I am passionate about reinforcing the sacred nature of tending ourselves even within the context of complex responsibilities and lives. I love to talk about how much MORE of a badass you can be when you develop, strengthen, or enforce personal and professional boundaries, or how much more lovingly and mindfully you can care for and witness another human being when you first demand that same love for yourself in grounded and realistic ways.
I want to help you, someone who is likely already hard working, successful, and driven, find ways to further those qualities by prioritizing what you need to grow, to rest, to feel nourished, to be seen and/or heard over the needs of others. I want you to see how well you’re already coping with life in even your worst moments so that you can really be seen and honored by yourself and those around you.
Regardless of who or what depends on you, you deserve to feel grounded, worthy, productive, loved, and respected before you give a single ounce of yourself or your magic toward someone or something else, and you’ll be better at showing up for others when you’re rooted in that deepest internal boundary. If that journey speaks to you, let’s talk.
- Codependency, Caregiver Stress (related to any type of caregiving)
- Depression, Trauma and PTSD, Self-Harm
- End of Life, Grief
- Geriatrics, Neurocognitive Disorders (Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease)
- Peer Relationships, Relationship Issues
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum, Women’s Issues
- Self Esteem, Coping Skills, Anger Management
- Spiritual Emergency, Spiritual Seeking
- Adults (All ages, including elderly / 65+)
- All genders, sexualities, and spiritual/religious practices
- Individuals, groups, some family and couples work (depending on issue)
Clinical Treatment Orientation:
I engage in therapy within an eclectic range of perspectives, each approach chosen based on an ongoing collaboration with you. My approach is influenced by, but not limited to the following:
- Anti-Oppressive Informed
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Narrative therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused